When we're working on your site, we need access to your WordPress dashboard. You can either give us your personal logins, or you can create a new administrator account for us.
How to create a new user
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click users/add new.
3. Fill in the details for your new user. Use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the username admin_foundry.
4. Click "show password" and copy the password.
5. Tick the box "Send User Notification".
6. Assign the role “administrator.”
7. Click the "add new user" box.
8. Send us the details. This should be done by you clicking the "send user notification box", but sometimes that notification doesn't work! If you are filling in the new client form, please add these details into the form. Otherwise, use https://onetimesecret.com. Paste the password and username into the box at https://onetimesecret.com, then complete the information. Don't create a passphrase, just click the "create a secret link" button and send us the link (to email@example.com). This link can only be used once, then the data is deleted -- so it keeps your information secure.
You're all done!
How secure a website is often depends on small choices site owners make — for example, choosing simple passwords can make it a lot easier for hackers to gain access. Another important consideration is the permissions we grant to users of the site. ...
"Log in through wordpress.com" logs in wrong user
If you log into your site using the "log in through wordpress.com" button and find that you are logged in as a different user, this is likely caused by Jetpack being confused. :) You should be able to resolve this by disconnecting the incorrect user ...
Should I add "nofollow" to all my outbound links?
In the name of SEO we've received requests to add a "nofollow" attribute to all outbound links on a site. Unfortunately there is no definitive conclusion regarding whether this is a good or bad idea. According to Google, nofollow links don't get ...
Add description to category pages
Category pages are a useful place for visitors to your site to see all posts in a certain category. However, it's a good idea to personalise them a little -- Google and other search engines like unique pages, and index pages don't count as unique, ...
Add ALT tags to images
When inserting images to your posts or pages, you have the option to add an alt tag to the image. This is the text that will display if the image can't be loaded. It's important to add in an alt tag for all images, for two main reasons: 1. It helps ...