How to use Google Tag Manager
It's not the same thing as Google Analytics, though data gathered through Tag Manager is shared with GA.
Tag Manager is designed to be straightforward and simple. To get started, you can do the following:
- Set up an account with Google Tag Manager.
- Connect your Google Analytics account to the Tag Manager.
- Setting up all the kind of events you would like to track. For example: click on URL, add cart button etc.
Here are some links to articles to help you on your way.
1. How to set up Google Tag Manager
This article from Medium is a good place to start. It includes lots of screenshots to make the process easy to follow.
Once you've followed those instructions, you can send us the new Gtag code and we will add it to your website.
2. Create events in Google Tag Manager
After your Gtag is added to the website and your Google Analytics account connected, you're ready to create events. This guide outlines every step in creating different events you want to track. We won't need to update anything for you at this point, it will happen automatically, and you'll be able to view events in your GA.